Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

November 1, 2008

Last month in one of my classes, we were asked the question: " Who has the most influence in you life?" In years past my habitual answer to this question would have been my dad. He has always had the outspoken and loving nature to warrant this title.So in thinking about this question, by default, the first answer that popped into my head was just that; my dad. However a competing opinion took over my thoughts; mom. Unlike my dad, my mom was rarely outspoken but she was equally loving. She never had time to be outspoken because it was all she could do to be a perfect example to her children (cheesy but true). I grew up being a daddy's girl, but more and more I find myself subconsciously becoming a carbon copy of my mom. She has instilled and cultivated tradition, culture, love, service, talent and creativity in my life. She prepared me to be a wife and mother without ever letting me in on the secret. Of course it isn't possible to get a lifetime of "Priscilla" skills in 18 years, so to this day, my mother is my number one lifeline second to Anthony. There has never been a time when I haven't heard the joy in her voice when she hears me on the other end of the phone. She is elated to continue to share her life knowledge with me whenever I need it, like when I called her from the grocery store early this morning to ask her opinion about the best kind of beans to put into the infamous Halloween chili.

Mom, I love you so much and I am so thankful for the immeasurable love that you have for me and Anthony. This past week he has regularly reminded me to do something for "mom." He loves you more than you think a son-in-law could, but thankfully you make that really easy for him. You are my number one blogging fan, and my biggest cheerleader.

This is the part where I would typically post a picture of my mom to remind everyone of her astounding beauty, but I know that she wouldn't appreciate that.

Happy Birthday Mom. Perhaps you might enjoy a nice movie in the theater by yourself ?(hehe)

2 comments:

Emily Oman said...

Love the post. I love your mom too, she has always been such a wonderful example to me and I have always admired her beauty, inside and out.

Thomas Dodge said...

I found the author's post very informative and interesting. Thanks a lot. I would appreciate it if you read and appreciated my article on Best way to improve webcam quality. In this article, I hope you learned more about how your webcam works.