Monday, November 17, 2008

Little Updates; Big Deals

This is my official post about little meaningless things but somehow create a big deal in my world. Perhaps a few of you can relate.

1. Little Thing: Spiders.

Lately we have been finding a few more of these friends around our apartment than we would like. A couple months back for about two weeks in a row, I killed a spider every morning. I actually got used to it and got to the point where I didn't scream, and I didn't think that the spider would jump up and bite me before I got to it, and I didn't think that it would attack me through my shoe. (OK fess up ladies, I know some of you have had these thoughts before doing the unspeakable) I even was able to get used to the crunch that it made, though it still made me gag. That was before this little guy came along, and two other family members in the following days.


Why it is a Big Deal:

DO YOU SEE THIS! Just be thankful you don't have this guy crawling around in your house. If you haven't noticed, it is red. If you put this guy on a quarter, his legs would extend past the edges.

2. Little Thing: Caramel Apples

Fall is my favorite month for food. I love the warmth and spice of the dishes. One of my favorite things to make and eat are caramel apples.


Why it is a Big Deal:

When you have an apple pie caramel apple recipe that is super easy and tastes amazing, caramel apples turn into big deals.

For those who care:
Crush up vanilla wafers, add some cinnamon and white sugar, roll onto your favorite caramel dipped apple and drizzle with white chocolate. So easy but it tastes just like apple pie!

3. Little Thing: Twilight

I am reading Twilight for the first time. It took me about 50 pages before I was completely hooked. I never thought this could happen to me.



Why it is a Big Deal:

Some already know this, but for those of you who don't, I severely made fun of and let readers of this series know how much I hated everything about it, even though I knew nothing. So for me reading this book and admitting my addiction is a REALLY BIG DEAL. Who knows, next it may be Harry Potter. I do not know what changed that made me want to read it, maybe it is perhaps the movie that came out, and the feeling that I have to read it in order to see the movie. All I know is that I saw the paper back at Costco for $6 and I thought I would give it a shot. It's easy mindless entertainment and who isn't a fan of that right? My only regret about not reading it earlier is that the book I bought was honoring the movie so it shows all the characters on the cover. This disables my ability to create my own characters because I am forced to use the characters from the movie, and anyone who enjoys reading knows that the best part is how you paint it in your mind!

7 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah, you are finally reading Twilight! Your apples looked delicious--maybe we can recreate some at Christmas!

Alison said...

P.S. Call me when you are done so we can have a massive pow-wow about it!

Jenna said...

Yeah you were right, those spiders are UGLY!! They shouldn't be there! Anyway...I'm glad you're reading Twilight.

Cindy said...

hahahahaha. you twilight nerd.

oohhhkayy so i am too.

NICE BLOG!

Mary Anne said...

oh my gosh way big deals! i can't believe you're reading twilight...it was just a matter of time. it was fun to see you guys last week. keep it real down there.

SKH said...

Those spiders are called peanut butter spiders and we had a ton of them in our 'orange' apt. We "spider bombed" every fast sunday before we went to church. We would set fumigating cans up in every room turn them on and off to church. So then we would just find dead crunch spiders. One of the first time I saw one was in my face washing cloth. UP CLOSE AND WAY TOO PERSONAL! Yuck, yuck yuck!

ahollandetc said...

DUDE YOU GAVE INTO THE DARK SIDE!!!! TWILIGHT!?! ok confession...i am reading the last one. i am struggling, but a least i am trying right!?!