Friday, March 14, 2008

Sad Day

So on Monday of this week I went on my typical run, but later that night, my ankle and down into to bottom of my foot started to hurt really bad. I thought It would get better in the morning but it only got worse. It is really weird because it just randomly decided to hurt, I didn't twist it or anything. There is no bruising and not pain when I touch it, but the second I put pressure on it it hurts so bad. After some research I have decided it to be a minor stress fracture. I have been trying to keep off it and doing my best not to look like I am hobbling from class to class. It is starting to get a little better. I am sad to say that I will not be participating in the Rex Lee run. This has been a cause of ever so slight depression for me, but soon enough I will get to run again. I will keep you posted about my next race!

6 comments:

Emily Oman said...

How sad, I hope it starts feeling better soon. We still need to plan a run all togethter with cousins, it would be so fun!

ahollandetc said...

this makes me SO sad! i am so sorry. how disappointing for you when you have been working so hard. i mean you had a playlist and everything!!! SO SORRY! hope you get better soon!

your hair looks absolutely HOT, so that should be some consolation right? who needs sporty-sweat when ya gots sexy-sex appeal!

oh btw, thanks for checking up on my AWOL status. you are the best. thanks for thinking of us.

and last but not least...WOO HOO SLC! i am so excited to have you guys closer! are you going to live downtown? maybe you could a little quaint, vintage-contemporary pad above a coffee shop and consignment store. wouldn't that be all hip and urban and stuff? we are SO proud of you guys!

ahollandetc said...

ANTHONY

i just found a link to lance allen's blog through another girl in our branch.

http://lanceandnat.blogspot.com/

thought you might like to know.

peace.

a

Emily Oman said...

Jess, I think that woould be fabulous to do the MS walk! I'm pretty sure Sara will be interested too, my email is emilykoman@hotmail.com.

The Cox's said...

Hi Jessica and Anthony,
Hayley here (I went to school with Anthony.) Man, I do love the blogs, I get up to speed on all my ol' VHS buddies within minutes! Glad to see you guys are doing well, I will definately keep in touch. And nice to meet you Jessica.

George and Priscilla said...

Jess:

What a great blog site. You have a stress fracture. Probably not serious but you need to back off and rest it. Start back with walking and build slowly to piddle jog. 5% mileage and no more per week.
love DAD