Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jessica's 24th Birthday!

Today is Jessica's Birthday; my favorite day of the year. I don't know what I was doing the day she was born, but I wonder if some part of me wasn't blissfully aware of her on Thursday, April 17, 1986. I was 4 years and 278 days old.

It's the little things that make her so beautiful. Today started out with some good laughs as she and I went through some old school work of hers. In the first grade she wrote a very short story entitled, "G SUP" or properly spelled, "Dress Up." She's just as ingeniously creative today.
This year she's passed the gift of life on to another generation, and somehow, though I can't put my finger on it, that makes this birthday inexplicably special. Watching her feed Liam at 3am this morning was nothing short of miraculous.
The ability to love life is something that Jessica can do as well or better than anyone I've ever known. It's my greatest privilege to feel and to marvel at her love everyday.
I love you Jessica. Congratulations Birthday Girl!

-Anthony

Picture 1: I snapped this shot of Jessica as she first spotted a waterfall that we hiked to last fall.
Picture 2: Jessica standing beneath the waterfall.

She loves life and it makes me love it too!


.x.


1 comment:

Jenna said...

That's sweet of you to post for her on her birthday. Congrats on the new job, house and baby!! Sounds like through Jess and Jay, things are going well for you guys. Us girls down here miss her, but look forward to celebrating her bday tomorrow and meeting little Liam! Hope the Rodebushes/Callisters and Sellers can all get together some time soon!!